Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

obsessions this week

Dear readers,
Excuse my sporadic postings lately. Marrily has me busy!!

I couldn't resist sharing a few things this week, though.

This was ordered from eBay. It's pasteless wallpaper, so I'm hoping to attempt my hand at some wall panels for our office design! I'm thinking a little skinny crown moulding frame will finish the look. I'll share my design board later, but it's TO DIE for :) So excited! LOVING the inexpensive price tag + the elegant blues and the Chinoiserie print!

Two words: Lara. Spencer.
You may recognize her from Good Morning America? Since I work in an office each morning, I miss out so I really didn't know much about her, but Steven happened to catch GMA last week on one of his off days and Lara was on there talking about her new shows coming up on HGTV. Not only did Steven record it for me, but he watched it with me as well. Hubby of the year, right?! Lara and I would be two peas in a pod when it comes to decorating. HGTV featured a special show last weekend to highlight her new book (which is on it's way to my doorstep!) and I could have died. Not only did she give some wonderful thrifting tips, but she styled an entire home in preppy-chic gorgeous decor that was mostly ALL second hand and fabulously colorful. Of course she splurged on Kelly Wearstler wallpaper and Schumacher fabrics, but it was amazing. I'm pretty sure the episode was a one time thing, but she does have a flea market contest show that will run as a series. I'd prefer to watch her decorate more homes, personally! She even had a twitter conversation with me! Love her!

Next:
Market Restaurant

All fresh, organically grown, sourced locally. Bee hives are even on the roof so they can use their own honey! The crack fries did not disappoint.
This new discovery is where S & I enjoyed a spur of the moment date night after we scoped out the NC Farmer's Market earlier this week. Market is NOT at the FM, but it is in this adorable downtown neighborhood in Raleigh called Mordecai. Even better, it's right next to this amazing chocolate shop, where you'll find the most amazing flavors and homemade ice cream. We couldn't resist the push pops! Afterwards, we rode around and found our dream house and other cute bungalows and decided it was where we'd like to live. 
 







As I mentioned, we went to the Farmer's Market to gain a little landscaping inspiration. I got intimidated because I have no clue how to deal with our yard. In some areas if you try to dig, you reach concrete .Our tiny front yard is totally shaded by a huge pine tree and the side is long narrow, the back is open to our neighbor's side yard. Kind of awkward. We're getting a landscaper to come out to evaluate our situation, but we went ahead and took inventory on some prices.  

I loved these succulents:


& I'm seriously dying to get a couple of these for the front porch:

And as long as we're talking about obsessions, I couldn't resist these two:

Have a great rest of the week!
xo,
SugarMeg


2 comments:

Jessie said...

Megan! That wallpaper is amazing. Great find!

viv said...

Glad to have found your blog! Now following :)
www.fashiontruffles.com