Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Whirle to the Wind.

I feel like we've been in one! Whew, y'all. Philly was alot of fun and we saw so many exciting things. I'll update you with some iphone pics soon. I got there with an eye ulcer (seriously. I've been stuck in glasses for an entire week now) and reazlied my camera charger was left back at home (don't you hate that!?!) so that's all I've got! We've had a big hit to our family this week that just jolted us. I was so glad I was in Philly with Steven when he got the call. His cousin suddenly died on a visit to DC and we've been with family for the most part this week. It's been hard on everyone, but we have had so much love and support. God is Good. We are so blessed and we just continue to pray thank you for your thoughts and prayers, too.

Cheers to what all is to come...






all images personal.

I hope everyone has some fun things in store for this weekend! Back to reality now, we're heading to dinner at our local Mellow Mushroom (so yummy) with friends and tomorrow we're hoping to get some pumpkins! I'm leaving my boo for the night and heading out to see my all time favorite band, the Avett Brothers. Ever heard of 'em? (ha) I fell in love with them when introduced by my friend Ryan in 2005 or so. I've seen them many many times and they just keep getting better and better. Aren't they beautiful!? I love how raw they are and if you get the chance to see them live, it puts anything you've heard so far to shame. Good LORD they can play! It's an experience I can't even find the words to describe. Ever since they signed with Rick Ruben, their career has really taken off, but they're good ole' North Carolina boys from around these parts and they actually grew up in my friends' hometown. Corrie and Amber have both been fans even longer than me, but nonetheless, I am tride and true.  Anytime they have a show in NC, it's amazing. Their songs heal the heart and offer so much hope and really (as cheesy as it sounds) speak to me. Seth, Scott, Bob and Jo, I love y'all so. I'm beyond thankful and so proud of you guys, and I believe with my whole heart in what you sing and what you play and everything you create. You feed my soul. I can't tell ya how many times I've just gotten in the car and found a nice country road to cruise along as I roll down my windows and blare the Avetts, and just sing and yell and cry my heart out. And right now, Bob is taking a leave to be with his baby girl who is sick and it breaks my heart. Lots of prayers, my friends. I couldn't imagine. We love ya, Bob, and we hope for the best. You're gonna be missed dearly tomorrow. And so on it goes...
A musical snack, if you will...
the 5 min mark on Laundry Room is about where I could just die...
(from New Years 08 in Charlotte, with sister Bonnie, pictured above)
and one of the cutest...
and you just can't beat an ole' gospel...

by and by...

What's your favorite Avetts tune?
(don't make me pick mine!!)

xo,
SugarMeg

0 comments: