Saturday, June 4, 2011
Please forgive. This is new to me. And since I've been reading other blogs for over a year, it's a little bit intimidating because so many out there are wonderful bloggers. Not sure how they do it so well. Here we go, again.
In May, I almost completed all of my goals!! Here's what I didn't complete:
3. Arrange chairs to be reupholstered (our slipcovers are working fine, so I'm bringing in color with drapes first)
5. Donate all old clothes/dishes/bedding/lamps/etc to Tornado victims (this weekend, my friends!)
6. Start shelving project/cabinets in the garage (moving this to a june/july goal)
7. Declutter -(um, this is ongoing. ongoing. ongoing.)
1. Start walking/jogging 3 times a week (it was more like twice a week!)
2. Plan meals out starting on Sundays-cooking in larger quantities so we have meals for lunches
8. New banking account with Steven (next week!)
9. Flea Market trip on a nice Saturday morning (scheduled in June!)
I think I did pretty good, considering I gave myself about 20 things to do! With all that said, it definitely took away from blogging. On top of everything, our AC went out! It completely kerplunked. Talk about throwing a (expensive) wrench into our plans! I'm adding a couple June goals, but I'm going to just remember that I'm not superwoman (even though I kind of feel like it now, since I did get the iPhone4!)
1. Try to complete May goals.
2. Drapes. I want drapes. My couch was reupholstered, and it's gorgeous, but the color is a little more muted than I expected. I need to bring in some color!
3. Declutter closets-we have about 5 closets in our house that need some major help. I went to the container store and I was totally inspired, so my goal is to eventually install some closet systems to make them work for our space. For now, I'll just be happy to clean them out!
4. Visit my bff & mommy to be, Stephanie, and her husband in Huntersville!
5. Paint 4 small canvases for gifts.
5. Send out all thank you notes.
6. Start a bi-weekly bible study with my neighbor.
7. Bring all wedding gifts back from my parents' house. Return gifts that we don't need and exchange for what we do need! Easy peasy, right?!
8. Less TV, more reading & communication. We've started this in the last 2 weeks. We're not TV junkies, but I'm not gonna lie-I love The Bachelor/ette. I also love SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance) and HGTV. I'm sticking to only watching my favorite things (Have you seen Sarah's House!? She's adorable. I die.)
10. Short and sweet posts as I go!
Here's a recap of May through some pictures.