Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

I wish...

I could figure out how to incorporate these inspirations into my living space! Our living room, dining area, and kitchen are all pretty open, so everything has to coordinate. Easier said than done! Finding the right "stuff" has proven to be a challenge. I haven't been able to commit to fabric for drapes because I want something bold and fun, not something so matchy-matchy! However, at the same time, I don't want our living space to look like a hot mess. What's a girl to do!?
I love this space because it proves that calm and neutral can still have some pizzaz. My couch is more seafoamy green rather than the pale turquoise, but my walls are close to the couch colors. This just makes sense: neutrals, pops of color, and black & white. Love.

This image from Little Green Notebook (love!) just makes me melt. Isn't it lovely? I'm totally digging the teal dresser in the entry way. I love it with the orange, gold, black&white, and the neutral lamp shade. And the animal print rug is a MUST. This whole project is totally DIY!

So here's the thing- My couch was redone and it turned out more seafoam/neutral than I expected. It's very pretty, but just not as aqua or as vibrant as I thought it would be. And going with a neutral taupe/seafoam/beige/white pallet kind of makes me cringe just a little. Calm and neutrals are beautiful when done in the right setting, especially with crisp lines and open space. It's just not what I'm going for right now. But colors, patterns, and textures done right is no easy task. This is definitely my first big challenge and I blame this on my impulse fabric purchase. I was just so ready to have my couch done! Now I'm psyching myself out! I know I can pull this off, but I don't want to make the same mistake again. Thank goodness I stumbled upon this image on Pinterest! This chair is pretty darn close to my couch color and I love how they've popped it with hot pink & turquoise (probably my all time favorite color combo). In an effort to not turn our space into a bachelorette pad with flowers & girly colors (that makes me a good wife, right?!), I need to find similar fabrics and throws with oranges. It makes me happy to see that the bright turquoise blue looks fab next to the chair, so I'm dying to paint our kitchen table & chairs.
I'm trucking onward. One weekend at a time! I am very inspired to get these drapes accomplished soon. Both fabric outlets in Raleigh are very close to my office, so I'm stopping in this week. I've started adding a few things to my bookshelves and it's getting there slowly! What are your thoughts!?

Oh! Did I mention our new additions?! We love our new Foo pets :)

xo
SugarMeg

0 comments: